SPWAW界を長年牽引してきた世界最大のファンサイトSPWAW DEPOTが、昨年の4月に閉鎖、13年の歴史に幕を下ろしたようです。
と同時にDepotメンバーの一人 Falconさんが新たなサイトSPWAW DEPOTを立ち上げたようですね(笑)。
まあ、中心メンバーが入れ替わって、こじんまりした感はありますが、実質的にはリニューアルって感じですかね。
旧DEPOTの遺産は相続されているようで、今後ともがんばって欲しいところです。
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spwawdepot/

びっくりしたことーその2「砲撃要請画面ラグ解消」
マルチコアCPUが普及した頃でしょうか、ある程度以上のスペックのPCでは、砲撃要請画面で挙動がおかしくなる不具合がありましたね。
それが原因でSPWAWを離れた・・という方もおられたような記憶がありますが、どうやらこの不具合、ついに修正されたようです。
これもDEPOTメンバーのおかげみたいですね。Matrix Games 公認(というか黙認ですね)のもと 、本体ファイル MECH.EXE をいじることに成功したようです。
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spwawde ... -t277.html

というわけで、この機会にもう一度SPWAWをやってみようかな、と思われた方は次のリンクからダウンロードをどうぞ。
DEPOTで全てのファイルのホスティングも始めたようです。
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spwawde ... es-t6.html

Ver8.2 リリース情報

SPWaWに関する情報・雑談など
Nor
大佐
大佐

Ver8.2 リリース情報

Post by Nor » 2004.May.23(Sun) 00:44

ようやく、ようやく、ようやく、Ver8.2が本当にリリースされそうです。
本家掲示板のアナウンスによると
SPWaW 8.2 will be available for public release within the next two or three days
2〜3日中にはリリースできそうだということ。しかし待ちくたびれた皆さんの反応はやや冷ややかですね。でもトップからアナウンスの許可がようやく下りたということなので、今度ばかりは本当だと信じたい。 :wink:

Nor
大佐
大佐

続報

Post by Nor » 2004.May.28(Fri) 23:49

2〜3日でリリースか!と書いたのは日曜でしたか・・:mad:
すでに5日が経とうとしていますが、確定情報はいまだ出ず。

一部では、「早ければ金曜の夜、でもたぶん月曜か火曜じゃなかろうか」という噂もあります。
現時点の米国時間は金曜の午前中なので、もしかすると・・ :rr

Nor
大佐
大佐

さらに続報

Post by Nor » 2004.May.29(Sat) 15:20

あちらのフォーラムでKG.Erwin氏より新たな通達がありました。要約すると
『あとはダウンロード用にパッケージしてサーバに渡すだけだけど、これには結構時間がかかるので今週末は期待しないでね。ちなみにパッチではありません。』

とのこと。Ver8から搭載されたTrue Update機能をなぜ使わないのか!という批判は以前からありましたが、やはり噂どおり完全ダウンロードのみの提供となるようですね。回線の細い人には再び悪夢の時がやってきそうです。 :mad:

Nor
大佐
大佐

いつまで続く?続報3

Post by Nor » 2004.May.31(Mon) 21:37

今回もアナウンス通りにはいかない展開ですね。普段は友好的なあちらの掲示板もやや険悪な雰囲気が漂いつつあります。
 しかしぼちぼちV8.2の情報もリークされはじめました。以下は本家掲示板のKG.Erwin氏の発言の一部引用です。V8.2の暫定版Readmeらしいです。
"Introduction to 8.2 Changes:

I would like to first thank the SPWaW gaming community for your help and excellent imput regarding the oobs from the forums. Despite the controversy, you were part of a first! A first time where an entire gaming community became part of the changes made to a computer game. These are your changes and thank you for your comments both positive and negative.

The 8.2 oobs contain many of the changes you desired. I am listing the most important changes here and leaving out other information, as the changes are too many to list.

Another more detail list of changes will available soon for download. This document is approximately 3 megs in size and contains all changes made.

One major adjustment was done to improve the Computer AI Unit picks for Battle, Long Campaign, and Campaign Generated games for WW II era combat. Nations that have this adjustment are: Germany, France, Free France, USA, India, ANZAC, Poland, USSR, Belgium, Canada, UK, USMC, and Japan. All other nations not listed were checked and found to be adequate and a few minor adjustments were implemented where needed.

Computer AI formations cannot be selected by Human play. These are listed in Formation as unknown class and are used by the computer to select units from. These are marked by year and usually titled using the main unit-make up contained within these formations. This is for easy identification so that a player can add or subtract units if one so chooses to do so to further customize these formations.

We are including new LBM files, which will update the pictures used on game menu. The oobs were coded for new LBM files and a few pictures may be missing but a future LBM update will be made to correct this.

There are several new sound files for the infantry AT weapons.

Also, several new Icons from Matt Reeves and Mike Amos are included.
 このリークは、結構大きな変更があるので差分パッチでの提供は無理ですというエクスキューズぽいですね。それにしても3MBにもおよぶ変更点の詳細ドキュメントがぜひ読みたいところです。

Nor
大佐
大佐

そろそろ・・か??

Post by Nor » 2004.Jun.09(Wed) 01:04

もうそろそろ来るかな・・と思っていたところ、本家掲示板に新たな情報が。以下引用です。
The download is being privately tested as I write this. The complete SPWaW 8.2 free download will be approx 450 MB. The complete for purchase "Generals' Edition" with SPWaW 8.2 and all four Mega Campaigns will be closer to 700 MB.
V8.2自体はすでに完成しており、ダウンロードテストの段階らしいです。予告どおり差分パッチの提供はなく、またもや完全ダウンロードでファイルサイズは約450MB。メガ・キャンペーン全4本組の『General's Edition』になると、なんと700MBだそうで・・。

ここまで書くということは、そろそろ今週末あたりか・・・といいつつ、過去の経緯をみるとやはり今月末まで引っ張るのか?? :roll:

Nor
大佐
大佐

・・・・

Post by Nor » 2004.Jun.11(Fri) 07:32

なんつーか言い訳っぽいですね・・
作業は着々と進んでいるらしいです。「いつ」かは気にしないで待っててくれということでしょうか。 :cool:
To keep you guys updated: the download has been tested, and a few glitches were uncovered. These are being worked on, and the development team will try it again. I realize that the wait is frustrating, but pains are being taken to ensure that 8.2 will be complete and 100% ready before it's released to the public.

I fully understand the reasons for this--SPWaW 8.2 will not only be released as a stand-alone game, but will also be included as part of the various Mega-Campaign packages. It will not be released half-baked, necessitating a hurriedly-issued patch. Great care is being taken to make sure this one is gonna be a flawless install.

You guys have been great in your patience and forebearance, and I personally thank you for not bombarding me with questions on "when".

Nor
大佐
大佐

はあ・・・

Post by Nor » 2004.Jun.13(Sun) 07:13

どうやら6月中のリリースはなくなったようです。理由は"More Surprise"が追加されているからだそうで・・。
a June release is out. The reason: more surprises are being added to the package. I can't tell you what they are, but David asked me if I was willing to wait until the details are worked out. I said yes, the gamers will understand, and I appreciate getting the chance to say yea or nay on doing this.

So, you guys will be upset with me, but the wait will be worth it. I'm sorry that I can't tell you more. I can't answer any questions about the enhancements.

Nor
大佐
大佐

サプライズ!!!

Post by Nor » 2004.Jun.17(Thu) 08:30

でるでるといいながら、またまた3ヶ月以上引っ張ってきたVer8.2。ここしばらく本家掲示板も険悪な雰囲気に満ちていましたが、ここにきて状況が一転。皆さん感謝感謝、なんぼでも待ちますという雰囲気に。それもこれもこのスレッドが・・
:!: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=633483

前回の報告でサプライズがあるから遅れるんだよ・・といってましたが、サプライズの内容を責任者David Heath氏自ら明らかにしてくれました。
 なんとH2Hの作者であるPanzer Leo氏がMatrix Gamesに参加し、かねて噂のあったH2HをVer8.2対応にアップグレードしているそうです。そしてver8.2には、Mod Swapperというプログラムも追加されるとのこと。 :P

つまり、Ver8.2は通常のSPWAWとH2Hが同梱され、Mod切替プログラムによって簡単にModの適用ができるようになるということらしいです。う〜ん、すばらしい。 :cool:

Nor
大佐
大佐

今度こそ

Post by Nor » 2004.Jun.24(Thu) 23:07

本家フォーラムに投稿されたDavid Heath氏のメッセージです。
Steel Panthers World At War v8.20 and the General Edition are now done. SPWAW v8.20 complete game will be available as a free download next week. I am working on making a patch version but it may not be possible. I should know this by mid next week. Worth Playing, Gamers Hell and some of the other online download sites should have it available by mid next week. So unless something bad happens to me please consider this is pretty solid date.

If you are attending the Origins Game Convention this year we will have some limited copies of Steel Panthers World At War General Edition for sale. The General Edition is all four Mega Campaigns Desert Fox, Lost Victories, Operation Watchtower and Screaming Eagles plus a complete free copy of SPWaW v8.20. This edition will also be available on our store by the end of next week and will cost at $69.99 that is a savings of $30 bucks.

Once again let me thank our loyal fans for sticking with us and giving us the time we needed to do this right. This version will also have the MODSwapper with it so if you do not like something you can change it to what you want.
 というわけで、今度こそ本当にver8.2完全版が「来週」リリースされるようです。現在パッチ形式のファイルも作成中だそうですが、間に合うかどうかは怪しく、もし間に合わなくても許してね、とあります。
 また、ver8.2完全版と過去のメガキャンペーン4本をセットにした「General Edition」を約70ドルで販売するようです。別個に買うより30ドルお得だそうで。
 つーわけで、今度こそ、今度こそは本当に来週リリースされるでしょう。 :cool:

Nor
大佐
大佐

あと数時間か?

Post by Nor » 2004.Jul.01(Thu) 22:33

7月1日付けのDavid Heath氏の投稿です。
Steel Panthers World At War General Edition

We know you are all waiting for the SPWaW General Edition to become available in our stores. We are hoping to get this up very soon but we are at the mercy of DR to get everything setup and tested. Remember its being setup on servers around the world so everyone can get it at the same time. I am not going to give a date until I am sure it will be up there and ready for you but we are working on it to get it done sooner then later. Most of our digital downloads will not be stated as release until it is available on our stores. Origins made this special release hence a special case.

Steel Panthers World At War v8.20

Now the full version of SPWaW v8.20 is being uploaded to the servers tonight and the press release will be going out shortly. Once the file sites start posting it we will start making links pointing to the download areas. This game is the same version as the General Edition less all the Mega Campaigns. It does include the ModSwapper and we will be making available Panzer Leo new H2H Mod and the Civil War Mod on the Wargamer's Game Depot. Now for all of you waiting for a patch the bad news is we can't do it. We can make a limited promise the any and all future release will not require a full download of the game.
 その後、プレスリリースも公開され、いよいよv8.2のリリースですね。時差の関係もあり正確には何時頃になるのかよくわかりませんが、おそらく日本時間では2日未明−つまりあと数時間でしょうか。あ〜この週末はちょうど忙しいのに・・ :roll:
 ま、待ちに待った人も多いので、DLが開始してもしばらくサーバー混雑&ダウンなんて毎度の事態も予想されそうですが。個人的にはH2Hのニューバージョンが楽しみです。